Internships are critical experiences for your future career! Challenge yourself and grow this summer by joining the Todd & Sargent team. Todd & Sargent’s Accounting Internship will provide someone the unique opportunity to be hands-on with various aspects of the business where you will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager.
Todd & Sargent is a premier and specialized provider of custom design, engineering, and construction solutions to the feed, grain, flour, specialty, and dry-bulk industrial sectors. Founded in 1958 by George Todd and Warren Sargent, we are a third-generation family business with headquarters in Ames, IA. We are proud to serve the best clients in the industry throughout the United States and Canada. We have a team of motivated and proud employees who have a “Can Do” mindset and are committed to our values of Integrity, Respect, Dedication, and Customer Focus. If you work with innovation and determination to do whatever it takes to get the job done, you may be a great fit for the Todd & Sargent team!
- Perform day-to-day processing of a variety of accounting and financial tasks
- Assist in preparing internal or external financial reports
- Participate in the monthly/quarterly financial statement close processes
- Variance and trend analysis
- Assist in account reconciliation
- Provide department administrative support
Required Education & Experience:
- Junior year student with a major in Accounting
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or above is required
- Intermediate Excel skills required
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates the commitment and ability to continually learn
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required
Company Values and Leadership Expectations:
- Self-Responsibility: demonstrates energy and alertness, personal accountability, and maximum, effective use of personal assets.
- Authentic Respect: always interacts with people in a respectful way; recognizes people’s strengths and contributions.
- Personal Growth: committed to continuous growth in personal and team effectiveness.
- Initiative: directs energy toward achieving goals without guidance and consistently goes above and beyond without being asked.
- Drives for Results: consistently meet or exceed commitments, aggressively pursue all assignments and project until completion; ability to find creative solutions when faced with barriers; asks questions when needed.
- Service Mentality: actions and decisions demonstrate the commitment in servicing the business and its people.
- Optimism: solution-oriented approach to obstacles and issues; consistently shows the determination to get the job done
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.