Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Education Required: Associate Degree
Must be Authorized to work in the US
Our goal is to be the Owner's choice for construction services based on our professionalism, performance, dedication, and teamwork. We are committed to our employees and do our best to provide them with safe working environments where new ideas and growth are encouraged. In addition, we are dedicated to community service, as a company and as individuals.
The Accounting Specialist is an accounting paraprofessional who works in an administrative role assisting the accounting staff with daily accounting tasks. The Accounting Specialist should be familiar with the basic principles of accounting. Additionally, this individual will provide specific accounting support and customer service to other departments within the company. The Accounting Specialist contributes to and supports team building with both internal and external customers while demonstrating a positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in daily cash receiving, entry, and daily cash reporting.
- Participates in preparation of monthly billing and entry of billings.
- Enters contract, subcontract, and purchase order information.
- Participates in various job compliance tracking requirements.
- Participates in procedure and process improvements of general accounting functions.
- Assists with preparation of information for the annual audit.
- Participates in providing accounting support to projects and initiatives of other departments.
- Maintenance of job folders and filing of job related documents.
- First point of contact and control of customers/clients/guests entering the building.
- Primary responsibility for answering general incoming calls and directing calls to staff.
- Maintain Microsoft Outlook office calendar and Sidekick database for entire office.
- Operation and updating of the content for the three monitors located in the reception/entry areas.
- Unlocking and locking of main entry door and setting of phone night bell at the end of the day.
- Responsible for daily mail and UPS deliveries, both incoming and outgoing.
- Monitor general operation of copier and fax machines on main level.
- Monitor office supply inventory and replenish as necessary.
- Provides support during bid days including monitoring and delivering incoming documents.
- Proofs and reviews documents.
- Generates AIA and ConcensusDoc contract documents as needed.
- Assists Marketing with creation of proposal books and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.