Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 650 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Additionally, provide opportunities to increase business unit revenues by marketing and cross selling products and services provided by Baker Group. This includes, but is not limited to temperature controls and security systems. Manage projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Provides sales support as needed to secure potential sales, reviews estimates as required, initiates sales / ops turnovers and documents scope, reviews control submittals and re-estimate, assists in scheduling, revenue forecasting. Prices all change orders ensuring customer labor rates / markups are met. Provides reviews / goals of ops team members. Responsible for execution coordination, project documentation, project financials, and customer satisfaction.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Understand building automation systems
- Offer and implement solutions to customers through engineering and field personnel
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Educate customers on Baker Group capabilities not only in the building automation business, but also cross selling capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units
- Develop solutions for customers utilizing internal estimating software and standard product selections. Review with Baker Group team members solutions prior to submitting to customer – make sure we can deliver what we are selling
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customer during project execution
- Attend scheduling meetings with Operations Manager – assist with scheduling field labor
- Attend project meetings internal and external – provide communication written and verbal regarding information requests, proposal requests, coordination, submittal reviews, etc.
- Initiate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
- Procure subcontracts as required for installation – utilize procurement documented format when obtaining multiple bids
- Utilize company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
- Manage the project to ensure financial success of the project
- Cross sell and cold call
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Engineering is helpful, but not necessary
- Experience in Automation and HVAC systems
- Experience in estimating and managing automation projects, as well as, building and growing customer relationships
- Must have good driving record
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attitude
- Team player, collaborative with the group
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships
- Communication skills; direct with customers, construction team, and internal
- Knowledge of building automation systems
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.