Intern will work with the Purchasing department staff to:
- Review requisitions and select appropriate source based on price, availability, and quality.
- Review proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limits and scope of authority.
- Negotiate disposition of unacceptable goods or services.
- Maintain purchasing records including filing, run reports and other general clerical duties.
- Responsible for day-to-day contact with suppliers and PMX personnel to resolve problems related to supplier quality.
- Coordinate the qualification of new or replacement good and/or services.
- Expedite material to PMX.