Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa with over 500 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
As a member of Baker Group, the experienced Access Control, CCTV Technician will have excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills and proven experience with startup and servicing customer sites. Candidate must show experience on enterprise type systems and be willing to provide our customers in Eastern Iowa with solid service response and excellent troubleshooting skills.
This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for someone that strives to be a leader in our industry. We are looking for experienced technicians, not entry-level.
Baker Group is growing and looking for long term technicians.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Adviser
- Paid Training
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Candidate must live in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City corridor or in the Quad Cities area.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Security Technician.
- Ability to work closely with project managers, contractors, and end users to provide solutions and prompt service while coordinating schedules to maintain on time delivery of products and services.
- This position will be a non-office position and requires excellent customer communication skills.
- Project start up, programming, and commissioning of new Fire Alarm, Security or Parking systems
- Service and maintenance of existing installations
- Provide technical support on company sponsored products to customers and other company technicians.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems on jobs and provide appropriate reports to project management.
- Attend project turnover meeting with project manager to gain knowledge of the estimate and project scope.
- Organize and maintain the security submittal project redlines – turn overs at the end of the project to the design engineer for as built drawing creation.
- Participate in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, complete all job closeout documentation and provide customer training.
- Work with other technicians to develop and share technical solutions.
- Actively participate in technician training to maintain technical expertise on new products, tools, and integration through continuing education initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum 2 year electronic technology associate agree or proven technical background.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Ability to troubleshoot Relay Circuits, Door Hardware, Access control and CCTV Systems
- Ability to program Access Control and CCTV systems and associated integrated systems.
- Knowledge of common Windows Office Applications
- Knowledge of networks and how they integrate with Fire Alarm, Access Control or CCTV Systems.
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.