Doll Distributing LLC, proud distributor of Anheuser Busch products, is growing and has IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for qualified CDL drivers/trainees with exceptional customer service skills, self–starters, safety conscience and willing to be part of an exciting team. All candidates must have minimum of CDL permit, all three parts (General Knowledge, Combination & Air Brakes) to be considered. Must have a clean background & acceptable driving record required (2 background checks performed) This position is EXTREMELY PHYSICAL and requires daily lifting of 20,000 - 40,000+ lbs of product including 165# kegs of beer. Driver unloads all products, builds displays, stocks cooler & shelves and rotates back room stock.
- Deliver product within scheduled route and time parameters
- Unload products from trailers, by hand or using hand carts, and place in designated customer areas.May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks in all weather conditions.
- Stock coolers and shelves at customer location and rotate backroom stock
- Build product displays at the customer location
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-50 pounds, up to 165 pound kegs of beer; daily lifting of 20,000 to 40,000 or more pounds of product
- Frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand carts
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, stocking coolers and shelves, and rotating backroom stock at customer locations
- Operate handheld devices to generate invoices.Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collect money where required and turn in all funds collected daily
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and the policies and procedures of Doll Distributing LLC
- Comply with all Federal Department of Transportation regulations related to vehicle operations and Class A Commercial Iowa Driver’s License (CDL)
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand carts, pallets, load bars, personal protective equipment, electric pallet jacks, and lift gates
- Adhere to all safety expectations and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner
- Work efficiently and strive for growth within assigned territory
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to work on evenings and weekends for special events
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity standards established by Doll Distributing LLC
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control procedures
- Demonstrate strong communication, customer relations, and problem resolution skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Outlook and either entry-level (or ability to learn) Mobility
- Able to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Must be 19 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- CDL permit (all 3 parts)
- Ability to obtain CDL license within 45-60 days of employment
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information in English
- Basic mathematical aptitude
- Previous experience in retail or beverage industry
- Valid Class A driver’s license
This position will spend 50% of the shift in a climate-controlled environment and 50% of the shift in an outdoor environment.
- Safety Considerations
- This position will routinely drive a semi-tractor trailer which ranges from 36ft to 60ft.Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Personal Protective Equipment Necessary
- Steel-toed boots/shoes with skid-proof soles
- Physical/Mental Organizational Capabilities
- The individual in this role must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, and climb stairs on a frequent basis.Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 24 lbs. without assistance, waist level, waist to should level, shoulder level to overhead.Must have ability to push/pull/lift a maximum of 165 lbs. with appropriate equipment.Requires significant demands on these physical requirements through entire work shift with tasks performed in all weather conditions.The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required.
- Visual/Hearing Capabilities
- The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required.Must have the ability to differentiate product types.The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required.
- Varies, dependent upon assigned route and sales cycle
- Start times can be as early as 3:30am and end as late as 7:00pm
- Additional work may be required to meet the needs of the internal and external customers
- May lead/train B Seat Driver
- May assist with training of new drivers
Please visit our website at to apply.