Abaci Consulting is positioning to become Central Iowa’s premier consulting firm in the field of land development. We will hire the best people and develop them to their maximum potential. Our personnel, service and presentation will arguably be the best of the best. We will become Central Iowa’s leading land development sector consulting firm by 2025.
Abaci Consulting is seeking a technician with an Associate's Degree or equivalent experience to work on land development projects. In addition to AutoCAD Civil 3D or similar experience, the successful applicant will possess most or all of the following knowledge, skills and experience:
Knowledge of civil engineering theories related to soils, drafting, construction, surveying, materials testing, and field inspections.
· Knowledge of survey methods, procedures, instruments, and basic hydraulics as applied to roadway, water and sewer systems
· Knowledge of engineering measuring devices, instruments, laboratory, and sampling equipment and materials sampling techniques, terms, and symbols.
· Knowledge of all phases of construction inspection, and project monitoring related to civil engineering projects.
· Knowledge of mathematics including geometry, algebra, and trigonometry.
· Knowledge of basic principles of physical sciences.
· Knowledge of the care and use of pertinent tools, equipment and facilities.
· Ability to prepare/maintain accurate records.
· Ability to inspect the work of others.
· Ability to keep field survey information, make detailed sketches, complete final drafting and compile written reports.