This position starts out at $17.50 and up, depending on experience. There is also the potential of a $500 sign on bonus.
Responsible for driving tractor trailer combination to transport and move products in bulk form and assist in plant operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Uses safe work procedures that comply with safety policies and regulations.
- Move materials by hand.
- Load or unload trucks.
- Unloads and inspects incoming materials and verifies receipts.
- Keeps records of materials received.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Keeps facility yard clean and organized.
- Maintain & clean vehicles, machinery and other equipment.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Maintains driver log according to regulations.
- Assists workers in loading and unloading truck.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs plant maintenance as required or directed.
- Assists in the all phases of the operation of the plant.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver’s License required
- Class A CDL or must be able to obtain within 90 days
- DOT Medical Card required or must be able to obtain
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the following physical abilities:
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Climb up and down ladders (up to 148 feet in the air) and steps.
- Hear back up alarms/other noises suggesting danger.
- Crawl in and around vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Good vision, far and close, good eye/hand coordination, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Certain job tasks may require you to wear a half mask respirator in which you will need to meet the osha guidelines based on 1910.134(g)(1)(i).
Employee must be able to pass MidAmerican Energy Contractor’s Background Check.
Year round work. Home every night.
Expected hours are M-F 7am-5pm during our busy season, which is typically April-November. During the off season, hours are typically M-F 7am-3pm.
The work environment is a typical shop environment that includes exposure to:
- Moving equipment and mechanical parts.
- Cement and other chemicals.
- Moderate to extremely loud noise.
- All types of weather, including rain, wind and extreme temperatures.
- Dust, smoke and fumes.