Since 1971, industries around the world have turned MSI to design and build molds of exceptional accuracy and durability. Our dedication to the highest quality mold design and building standards is part of our mission to lead the industry in the design and production of value added plastic molds.
Our customers turn to us to design and build various types of steel and aluminum molds for injection, structural foam, rim, blow, gas assist and structural web processes. We also design and build aluminum injection molds for limited production runs.
Today we serve customers in the computer, business machine, medical diagnostics, material handling, sporting goods, lawn and garden, appliance, consumer electronics, heavy equipment and transportation industries.
MSI is recruiting for the following position: CNC Machinist on 2nd shift at the Cedar Rapids, IA Facility.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Set up and operate 3 and 5-axis machining centers.
- Knowledge of programming or the ability to learn in order to write and edit programs.
- Must be willing and able to start up and/or run multiple machines per shift.
- Identify process problems, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies and contribute to their solutions.
- Assist management in scheduling work through the machines.
- Participate in the process of tooling selection, new techniques and technologies.
- Provide requotes, inform other department operators of project details using written and verbal communication.
- Performs and records inspections for quality. Fill out paper work for signing off the job.
- Monitor job progress against job hours via project sheets and email.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Suggest ideas to reduce machining hours, and provide hour estimates.
- Support development and implementation of new policies, procedures, equipment, and tooling that will help the department and MSI meet our SQDC goals.
- Must have experience in CNC machining and programming. Mold building knowledge preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and attention to details.
- Willing and able to work overtime.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
Some of the benefits offered to our employees are:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA Contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching 401k
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Company sponsored events such as a Company Christmas Party, and season tickets to local sporting venues.
- Competitive Wages