Are you a supervisor in the construction industry? Are you looking for a better opportunity to show what you can do and grow with a company? We’re Concrete Technologies. We’re young, entrepreneurial, and growing. How about you? We’re the premier commercial foundation, floor, and paving concrete construction company in Des Moines and are looking for the right supervisor to grow with us. If you take pride in your work, if you lead your people by example, are a demon for details, and do whatever it takes to get the job done right, APPLY NOW! If you decide to work with us we’ll give you the tools and support you need to be successful. Our business is growing and now we need the right job supervisor to help us grow. You’ll work closely with the owner and be responsible for leading and directing your team of tradesmen in all aspects of concrete construction. Prior construction supervisory experience and valid drivers license is necessary. If you want to take the next step in your construction career then call Laurie at 252-1650 to schedule an interview. Or fill out our online application and we will contact you!
Concrete Technologies is currently seeking a Commercial Concrete Supervisor. An on site management position responsible for direct supervision of staff and production activities. Must possess the skill and talent to manage and maintain up to 12 on site field production employees.
Description of Duties:
- Ability to layout, plan, communicate, organize and direct assigned staff.
- Prepare time cards, daily reports and documents electronically.
- Hire, train and discipline production staff members.
- Construct all projects in strict accordance to the plans and specifications.
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and vendors.
- Work in direct accordance to current OSHA safety regulations and be the designated onsite safety supervisor.
- Efficiently and effectively produce projects.
- Must be able to identify and manage high risk projects, tasks, and site conditions.
- Always produce a high quality work product.
- Motivate and provide exemplary leadership to staff members.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision capability.
- Must be professional, kind, mature and well groomed in appearance. Must have a positive attitude for teammates, inspectors and clients.
- 3-5 years commercial concrete experience required
- Accurately read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret site survey control points.
- Complete accuracy of building foundation layout.
- Must possess the ability to manage staff to beat the project budget.
- Manage assets as designated by the equipment manufacturer.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Works well under time constraints. Accountable for crew.
- Purchase materials and supplies in accordance to company policy.
- Must be able to respond to change positively.
Educational & Technical Qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Possess good mathematical skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Driving record must not have a high risk rating.
- CDL driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to operate a computer and have technical skills. (Preferred)
- Must test negative to pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to handle extensive walking in variable site grades and conditions.
- Must be able to withstand cold, warm and wet conditions.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance/ Short-Term Disability/ Supplemental Insurance
- Cafeteria Flex Plan
- Fun Working Environment
- Opportunity for Advancement