Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Concrete Finisher on our concrete team that work in IA, NE and SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks or curbs to specified textures using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels, and screeds. Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
- Reasoning ability equivalent to a level of applying commonsense understanding and carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Dealing with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations.Vocabulary ability equivalent to a level of a passive vocabulary. (This is typically evidenced by an ability to read at rate of 190-215 words per minute.) Speak clearly and distinctly.
- Mathematical ability equivalent to adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing all units of measure including decimal fractions. Calculate surfaces, volumes, weights and measures. (The position may require different actual mathematical applications.)
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance.
- Safely and properly spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms using rake or shovel. Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency. Removes rough or defective spots from concrete and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound. Molds expansion joints and may sprinkle chips, powdered steel or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish. May mix cement and direct subgrade work.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
- Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Frequently working in an environment with: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, exposure to varying elements of all weather conditions, and the need for near acuity, and depth perception.Constantly working in an environment with: Reaching, handling, and fingering.
- Occasionally working in an environment with: Standing, climbing, balancing, talking, hearing, loud noises, exposure to environmental conditions, and the need for accommodation and color vision.
- While performing daily tasks, may be required to lift and/or 50# occasionally, 25-50# frequently and up to 10-20# constantly.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record under Company policy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.