Minturn, Inc. is currently seeking hardworking, energetic individuals to join our growing company. We build construction projects around the state of Iowa. Every job we do is unique. We don't just build parks, repair bridges, install underground utilities, or build concrete box culverts. We do all of those things and much more. Every project is different, and every day presents new and different challenges. Minturn is a small company with big company benefits and limitless opportunities. Come build with us!
What we are proud to offer you:
- Very competitive salary depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Job and safety training
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card
- Company cell phone provided
- Company laptop provided
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- Plenty of room for advancement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in overall project management, site supervision, and project estimating.
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, superintendents, and material suppliers.
- Review submittals for constructability and compliance to contract.
- Perform quantity take-offs, solicit and analyze quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, and complete estimates and bids.
- Keep neat and orderly quantity records and daily construction logs.
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contracts, budgets, and schedules.
- Ensure quality control and compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Support company safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Seek savings opportunities and strive to improve efficiency.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates.
- Past experience in construction.
- College degree in construction or civil engineering, or a related discipline.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office, CAD, SureTrak, etc.
- Valid drivers license.