Minturn, Inc. is currently seeking hardworking, energetic individuals to join our growing company. We build construction projects around the state of Iowa. Every job we do is unique. We don't just build parks, repair bridges, install underground utilities, or place concrete box culverts. We do all of those things and much more. Every project is different, and every day presents new and different challenges. Minturn is a small company with big company benefits and limitless opportunities. Come build with us!
What we are proud to offer you:
- Very competitive wages depending on experience
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Job and safety training
- Paid holidays
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- Some projects pay Davis Bacon predetermined wage rates
- Year round work or seasonal positions available
- Plenty of room for advancement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain construction equipment.
- Learn and follow safety and construction procedures.
- Report promptly for work and maintain dependable transportation.
- Read, understand and build according to the plans and superintendent's instructions.
- Operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment.
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized and enjoyable work environment.
- Apply good customer service and maintain a clean work site.
- Overnights may occasionally be required. Travel costs are paid by the company.
- Past experience operating construction equipment including excavators, backhoes, loaders, forklifts, dozers, and motor graders.
- Crane operator experience is a plus.
- Class A or B commercial drivers license is a plus.
- Capability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to travel around the state of Iowa as needed, as well as work approximately 50 hours per week.
- Ability to operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely and effectively.
- Valid drivers license.