Minturn, Inc. is currently seeking hardworking, energetic individuals to join our growing company. We build construction projects around the state of Iowa. Every job we do is unique. We don't just build parks, repair bridges, install underground utilities, or build concrete structures. We do all of those things and much more. Every project is different, and every day presents new and different challenges. Minturn is a small company with big company benefits and limitless opportunities. Come build with us!
What we are proud to offer you:
- Very competitive salary depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Job and safety training
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card
- Company cell phone provided
- Company laptop provided
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- Plenty of room for advancement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential clients, establish and maintain relationships with customers, engineers, and architects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and maintain a database of contacts.
- Maintain an understand the overall construction market and the competition.
- Identify opportunities, create advantages, and maximize bid profit.
- Continuously track in-house production rates, analyze and apply to future estimates.
- Ensure that bids are completed per the solicitation requirements and turned in on time.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits as needed.
- Create an organized and detailed estimate for each bid.
- Perform quantity takeoff's.
- Solicit and analyze quotes.
- Determine labor and equipment needs and incorporate costs into estimate.
- "Hand off" winning bids to project management and provide on-going feedback during construction.
- Assist with project management.
- Past experience in construction estimating.
- College degree in construction or civil engineering, or a related discipline.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office, CAD, SureTrak, etc.
- Valid drivers license.
Minturn is a drug free employer. All candidates are subject to background check and drug screening.
Click here to connect with us on Facebook.