Minturn, Inc. is currently seeking hardworking, energetic individuals to join our growing company. We build construction projects around the state of Iowa. Every job we do is unique. We don't just build parks, repair bridges, install underground utilities, or build concrete structures. We do all of those things and much more. Every project is different, and every day presents new and different challenges. Minturn is a small company with big company benefits and limitless opportunities. Come build with us!
What we are proud to offer you:
- Very competitive salary depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Job and safety training
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card
- Company cell phone provided
- Company laptop provided
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- Plenty of room for advancement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall project management of construction projects from start to closeout.
- Establish and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Analyze production reports and determine steps to improve production and lower project costs.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Create a schedule of values, submit periodic progress billings, and ensure prompt payment.
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, superintendents, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Review and approve invoices from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review submittals for constructability and compliance with the contract requirements.
- Identify changes to the contract, create Requests for Information, and estimate and coordinate change orders.
- Review and approve time cards, project logs, and other field paperwork.
- Perform quantity take-offs, solicit and analyze quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, and complete estimates and bids.
- Ensure quality control and compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Support company safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Seek savings opportunities and strive to improve efficiency.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates.
- Assist with project estimating.
- Past experience in construction management.
- College degree in construction or civil engineering, or a related discipline.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office, CAD, SureTrak, etc.
- Valid drivers license.
Minturn is a drug free employer. All candidates are subject to background check and drug screening.