Seneca Companies, a leader in the fuel systems industry, is seeking a detail oriented Project Manager for our construction division. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Project Manager will coordinate construction estimates, scheduling, materials, and purchase orders for a variety of fuel system related projects. This position will require maintaining strong customer and subcontractor relationships along with a strong understanding in construction concepts, practices and procedures. This position will be based out of our Des Moines, IA office.
- Overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
- Prepare estimates for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work. Conduct pre-bid site visits
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Monitors productivity and cost and recommends changes in order to mitigate problems and maintain maximum labor, productivity and cost effectiveness. Reports project status to ensure profitability goals and management of cash/cost/billing
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Travel to job sites as required (20-40%)
- Minimum experience/background in project management and/or estimating of 2-5 years.
- Four year degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills. Excellent computer skills
- Experience with scheduling software, preferably Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of job costing and project estimating principles and practices
Seneca offers competitive wages; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days are included.
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Fluid Power & Handling Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.
Post-offer physical and drug screen required for all positions. EOE