Position Summary: This position will plan, create and coordinate content for both and other marketing collateral. This candidate should possess excellent grammar skills, proofreading abilities, copywriting capabilities, plus be detail-oriented and very organized. This position requires a pro-active candidate and someone who understands the importance of deadlines and accuracy.
Hours: 8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday
Pay starting at $16/hr
Essential Position Accountabilities:
- Create detailed product descriptions for individual items for the website
- Proofread all descriptions to ensure accuracy prior to being published
- Write content for website
- Assist in developing and maintaining writing style guide for the web
- Maintain uniformity in writing product descriptions
- Contributes posts and content to Homemakers Etc. Blog
- Works with Homemakers’ content team on updating using SEO best practices
- Consistently review web content to verify accuracy, organization of information and any other needed review of content
- Report any technical issues to Internet Marketing Manager
- Assist marketing team in creating content for Advertising collateral
- Act as Homemakers company proofreader for corporate documentations
- Act as Homemakers proofreader for all advertising print pieces, e-mail campaigns, presentations and any other collateral pieces
- Assist in writing on-line/in-store surveys
- Plays a support role and assists with other team duties and initiatives when needed (i.e. working at Hm events)
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
Education/Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Marketing &/or Advertising
- Strong writing skills, specifically descriptive copy for merchandise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative writing skills a must
- Ability to create copy for various venues
- Strong proofreading, grammar and copywriting skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands the importance of deadlines
- Highly organized
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Respect - Follows Homemakers Core Values of honesty and integrity, customer loyalty, quality products and services, teamwork and cost effectiveness.
- Motivation - Commitment to the assigned task. Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. A self-starter. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Willing to work with a sense of urgency. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates a willingness to work with a team.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and work flow.
- Attendance - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Light lifting for set-up for Homemakers Special Events
- Will work indoors, but will also work outdoors for occasional Homemakers Special Events
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment