General Position Summary:
This is an entry level automation and controls technician position located in the Orange City Facility. Position will learn the basics of setting up communications between manufacturing and Mes systems.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Setup communication between manufacturing equipment and MES system
- Proposes innovated solutions to manufacturing challenges leveraging automation
- Program SCADA system (XML, Java, & Python)
- Track products through all phases of production
- Program Industrial PLCs (IEC 1131-3, ladder logic)
- Debug industrial networking
- Robot programming and communication
- Database querying (SQL)
- Ensure that all equipment is compliant to standard safety practices and regulatory organizations (OSHA, ANSI, UL, NFPA), customer processing spec (BAC, RPS) qualification requirements, and aerospace industry accredited organization (nadcap, ncamp) requirements.
- Provide accurate time estimates to production management on automation installation functions.
- Install and startup equipment at manufacturing location
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Physical factors—Ability to climb ladders, operate hand & power tools, drive fork lift, assemble heavy mechanisms, Physical Demands (standing, sitting, lifting, bending, and climbing), Frequency (random throughout shift).
- Flexibility to alter work schedule to occasionally work around production schedules.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proficiency with structured programming languages and scripting such as C++, Java, VB, Python, et
- Database knowledge
- Familiarity with industrial control systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Exposure to CNC machining, 3D printing and/or G-code
- Some exposure to industrial manufacturing a plus
- Understanding of industrial robots
- Knowledge of debug instruments (digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, megger, etc).
- Familiarity with hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems
- Proficient computer skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Education and experience—Four year engineering degree with some related experience / internship, two year technical degree with 2 years related experience, or 5 years’ experience servicing automation equipment preferred.
- Completed training in proper software structure and techniques
Day shift hours: Fri, mandatory overtime as needed on weekends, possibility to be called in after normal shift time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement
AIM Aerospace, Inc. is a Drug Free workplace.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Applicants must meet ITAR Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English– Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English