Van Wall Equipment has a proud history as a John Deere dealer dating back to 1944, when the first dealership, known as Wall Implement, was opened on Main Street in Woodward Iowa. Since that time Van Wall Equipment has grown into one of the largest John Deere dealership groups in the country with more that 600 employees and 27 John Deere Locations spanning five states in the Midwest. Van Wall is proud to sell and service a wide range of John Deere equipment.
The Van Wall Group is looking for an Ag Mechanic to perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment. Candidate should have expertise to use the appropriate tools to successfully diagnose and repair most John Deere equipment.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
- Perform any inspections as required.
- Repair, service, and assemble any machines.
- Maintain a safe work environment and safe work habits.
- Check and report any shortages and malfunctions to the Service Manager.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Complete dis-assembly and inspection, as efficiently as possible, so parts may be ordered and machine work can be scheduled promptly.
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Document each job by recording unit serial number and hour meter reading.
- Develop skills in dis-assembly, assembly, and repair of components and machines.
- Participate in service training programs required for development of skills and knowledge.
- Report to Service Manager any additional work required to ensure proper operation and safety of equipment. Maintain a clean and safe shop facility and environment.
- Operate trucks and equipment with extreme care and caution.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, vehicles and other employee’s belongings.
- Stay current with technical changes.
- Help the dealership by participating in special programs, such as sales of service packages, demonstration programs, etc.
- Handle customer problems both objectively and tactfully.
- Make a point to thank every customer
- Represent the dealership as a professional Service Technician at all times.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Fork lift license preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Holiday Pay