MMC Contractors Brand formerly Stroh, is searching for an Electrical Operations Manager to lead our electrical construction division. This is a great opportunity to grow a division of a well-established organization. We offer financial strength, stability, and national expertise while maintaining a local community feel. Competitive pay and benefits, employee ownership, and a strong culture are just a few of our perks... please apply to learn more!
Nature of Work
Oversee and manage electrical division operations and project activities. Implement plans and policies to achieve overall corporate objectives and maximize operating results. Responsible for business development, timely project performance, and meeting quality/specification requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an annual department business plan and budget.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinates toward their professional development.
- Plan, staff, supervise, and coordinate subcontractors, suppliers, architects, clients, engineers, project managers and superintendents on assigned projects to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
- Participate in client/contractor contract negotiations and buy-out for major projects.
- Direct and manage department's activities including accounting, business development, contract payments and client/contractor relationships by maintaining high level of credibility with clients, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Visit project sites to monitor progress, maintain relationships, and verify quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Assist subordinates with problem-solving, as required.
- Attend pre-bid conferences, subcontractor awards conferences, and other meetings related to project initiation and administration.
- Manage financial control and review of on-going projects. Analyze project progress and review monthly projections. Maintain and enforce strict quality level of product.
- Approve and sign purchase orders and change orders per company policy.
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
Ten years or more of electrical experience required.