Position Summary: A Drafter will work individually and as part of a team to develop and execute revisions from the VP-Engineering, Structural Engineer and the Drafting Leader.
- Prepare full and accurate structural drawings.
- Provide Bill of Materials to the Engineering Data Coordinator.
- Coordinate and monitor the construction plan review process to ensure accurate drawings. Make modifications and changes as required.
- Maintain and update drawings and files as required throughout the life-cycle of the construction project.
- A two-year degree in Architectural or Engineering Computer Aided Drafting or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field. This position will also require a good working knowledge of the software listed below:
- Autodesk: AutoCAD 2014 and DWF Compressor
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Computer, fax machine, telephone, calculator, printer, plotter, and copier
1. Communication: The ability to take initiative to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with drafting leaders, engineers, designers, project managers, etc.
2. Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Identifies the specific information needed to clarify a situation or to make a decision.
- Gets more complete and accurate information by checking multiple sources
- Probes skillfully to get at the facts, when others are reluctant to provide full, detailed information
- Seeks out the appropriate people to discuss questions in person
3. Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Goes above and beyond without being asked
- Does more than what is normally required in a situation
- Takes independent action to change the direction of events
4. Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Is able to see the merits of perspectives other than his/her own
- Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology
- Switches to a different strategy when an initially selected one is unsuccessful
- Demonstrates willingness to modify a strongly held position in the face of contrary evidence
5. Technical Expertise: Demonstrates the required knowledge to effectively perform drawing tasks
- Continues to educate oneself on drawing techniques and procedures
6. Ability to meet deadlines: Completes work with urgency and dedication to meet established timelines
- Demonstrates a commitment to completing drawings by set timelines
- Balances quality with speed