Manatt’s is a third-generation family-owned business based on personal and professional trust, respect, and support. People are the foundation of our company. We work together and play together. We understand the importance of individual needs and giving back to both our people and communities. To carry on these long-standing company values, we’re looking for an Equipment Manager to work out of our Brooklyn, Iowa location.
The successful candidate will have experience in equipment purchasing and leasing strategies, asset utilization strategies and an understanding of equipment life cycles. This position will be responsible for providing visionary leadership of Equipment and Shops and maintains overall responsibility for employees engaged in servicing and repair of vehicles and equipment by performing the following duties personally or through direct reports. Here is a short list of responsibilities.
- Understands and assures compliance with all equipment and shops related federal, state and local laws, regulations and rules.
- Understands and quantifies all costs and is accountable for overall profit or loss of division.
- Communicates and consults with division managers and supervisors regarding equipment needs.
- Develops and implements plan to meet Company equipment needs.
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance with shop and parts.
Coordinate and direct the movement of heavy trucks, trailers and equipment for operational needs.
- Establishes and maintains a list of reliable vendors and ensures best pricing and delivery for all shop and equipment related services and materials.
Responsible for acquisition and disposal of fleet motor vehicles, equipment and trailers.
- Track equipment utilization and maintain real time records of equipment and vehicle locations.
- Establishes policies for inspection, maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles and communicate those policies.
Ensure equipment meets company safety requirements and State and Federal compliance.
- Reviews and approves all tool and equipment purchases for the shop and field.
- Operates shops within budget and according to established policies and procedures.
- Enforces a clean and safe working environment in the shops.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Minimum of 7 years related experience
- Knowledge of equipment and shop related federal, state and local laws, regulations and rules.
- Experience with equipment purchasing and leasing strategies; asset utilization strategies
- Understanding of equipment life cycles
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AD & D
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Plan
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Per Diem, per Company policy
For a complete benefits listing or to learn more about Manatts, Inc., visit .