JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Designs, implements and executes site level maintenance and facilities plan including corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance processes to maximize machine reliability and capability.
- High capability to create and manage maintenance metrics by aligning goals with production and business objectives.
- Coordinate and execute machine moves with minimal manufacturing disruption.
- Owns and drives Continual Improvement within the maintenance function.
- Effectively drives Lean activities encouraging, teaching, participating in, and supporting TPM events to achieve operational excellence.
- Review, plan, and coordinate all job assignments, set work priorities, make cost-effective assignment decisions, and ensure the completion of projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner, in accordance with all established guidelines/standards of the department.
- Coordinate repairs and modifications to all equipment including but not limited to: injection molding equipment, mechanical presses, auxiliary equipment, conveyors, assembly equipment and fixtures, forklifts.
- Maintain local spare parts, tools and equipment, purchase replacement parts and components as needed, and maintain sufficient local knowledge of operations to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the facility and systems.
- Oversee or submit requisitions for subcontracted services, and maintains/monitors departmental inventory, equipment, and supply levels. Document costs and justification to ensure the validity of replacement parts inventories, purchases, and capital expenditures.
- Develop and propose changes to the annual capital and operating expense budget allocations to support the maintenance of the facility equipment and systems.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and follow established safety standards by conducting periodic audits on equipment, safety issues, policies, and procedures.
- Track and maintain certificates of occupancy, occupant safety, and compliance in accord with all relevant state, local, and federal codes and regulations relating to the building and its equipment and systems.
- Develop and implement energy conservation programs and drive initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES):
- Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma with a technical school certificate or higher education, preferably in facility maintenance or related areas; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years of full-time experience in facilities and equipment maintenance management is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in facility maintenance management, staff supervision, budgeting, and maintenance training is necessary.
Must have strong ability to repair and maintain molding machinery, auxiliary equipment, production machines and molding dies using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, MRP system, Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of advanced equipment maintenance tracking software applications, safety standards programs, and formal building maintenance programs.
- Ability and proficiency with cost/benefit analysis and capital expenditure justification.
- Significant leadership skills in managing other maintenance workers in problem solving, communication, time management, and multi-tasking.