- IA |
- Jobs |
- Factory Automation Engineer
Factory Automation Engineer
- Provide on-site shop-floor support for production critical Factory Automation solutions and equipment that require quick response to guarantee uptime and productivity.
- Be responsible for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: relay ladder logic, PLCs, HMIs, and PC based logic.
- Provide electrical designs within applicable standards to build new or modify existing production machines and systems.
- Work with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Factory Automation Leads to ensure manufacturing and standardization goals are achieved.
- Four-year degree required in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related undergraduate degree. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
- 3+ years of experience with Factory Automation (including but not limited to: PLC Programming, PC Programming, SQL Database, Vision Systems, AutoCAD Electrical, mistake proofing integration, communications with shop-floor devices).
- 3+ years of experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming.
- 3+ years of experience designing electrical controls systems.
- Experience in project management – moderate to large scale complex projects
- Strong communication skills to effectively interface with multiple groups.
- Ability to work variable hours/shifts as needed.
- A strong desire to solve problems and find solutions that drive a commitment to standardization while improving manufacturing processes and information flow.
- Basic understanding of Kepware or other OPC servers.
- Basic understanding of mistake proofing concepts
- Basic understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Basic understanding of Ignition and TrakSYS, Deere standard OEE/OPE tools.