Part-Time Hourly Rate: $12.00 weekday hours - $14.00 per hour for hours worked on Saturday and/or Sunday
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our part-time employees:
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Finance Assistants are responsible for assisting customers with purchases and financing, processing sales and cash register operations quickly, accurately and efficiently and maintaining outstanding customer service. Ideal candidates possess excellent customer service skills, positive attitudes and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and maintaining outstanding standards
- Process customer financing, account analysis, collections, refunds and payments on customer accounts
- Operate register accurately and efficiently and accurately maintain all cash and media. Report any discrepancies immediately
- Ensure phone calls are answered in a timely, positive manner
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Possess knowledge of where items are on the floor in order to direct the customer to the product
- Complete any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager or team lead
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic and a positive, engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal communication skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to process all types of customer payment transactions (cash, check, credit card financing, and/or automatic debit cards)
- Computer, cash register, cash handling experience
- Ability to process and access information utilizing the computer system
- Ability to interact with other departments using a team player approach
- Willing to work with a sense of urgency
- Willing to work with a team
- Willing to adapt to change and prepare an urgent product
- Ability to work 4-5 days a week
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE