- Do you love fire trucks and fire equipment?
- Are you looking for a position where you can control your own future?
- Do you want to work in a family-owned business where your skills and abilities will be noticed and rewarded?
Heiman, Inc. is looking for a Fire Equipment Sales Representative to take over an existing territory in southwest Iowa, including Des Moines. Your primary job will be to sell fire equipment, fire apparatus and safety-related products. We’re looking for someone who has a proven background in sales and business development, but we’ll train the right person.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Growing sales and increasing company profits by cultivating current customers and prospecting for new customers
- Increase profitability by promoting safety products
- Provide technical support and conduct training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory
- And more!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Two to three years’ successful experience relating to truck sales or similar position preferred
- Clean driving record required and valid driver’s license required. Prefer valid CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain within 60 days
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a "self-starter" and be motivated to succeed
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background check
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Previous experience with CRM programs and Microsoft Office and overall strong computer skills
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience relating to fire trucks, fire apparatus or safety equipment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Able to influence others and manage conflict
- A team-player, working together with internal and external customers, providing insight when needed and able to be flexible when goals or outcomes differ
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Great benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, supplementary insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k plan and profit sharing
Who we are:
Heiman Fire Equipment was founded in 1947 by Jack B. Heiman, and has been family-owned and operated locally ever since. Building on its modest beginnings of selling fire extinguishers to the local farming community in Ashton, IA, the company has evolved into a multi-faceted company with nationwide fire equipment sales, fire truck manufacturing, service, and refurbishments, plastics fabrication, and industrial sales and service. Heiman Fire Equipment is located in a brand-new manufacturing facility and office in Sioux Falls, SD.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply on-line right now!