We are expanding our team and adding a crew! We have been a leader the industry for over 60 years and is dedicated to providing quality services at a fair price. The company has grown by having a dedicated team built from reliability and integrity. As part of the Vanderpool team, you become a part of the family where we strive to balance your personal success with the success of the company. If these attributes and desires align with yours, then come apply and become part of our team!
Compensation: Top Wages for the position.
Foreman for a pipe crew installing storm, sewer and water. Coordinating activities assigned; supervising assigned staff; implementing and maintaining services within established guidelines and standards; and performing a variety duties as needed.
- Supervises, schedules, and coordinates crews.
- Reviewing submittals for accuracy and compliancy.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings, and attend cost/job reviews.
- Perform material take-offs, ordering tools, materials, and equipment in a timely fashion to maximize field productivity.
- Coordination between trades and coordinate sub-contractor progress.
- Ensure all on-site employees comply with OSHA standards and company rules.
- Schedule equipment deliveries with GC and periodic inspections by governing authorities.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and prepare time sheets and two week look-ahead.
- Bring the job in/on time and under budget.
- Assists in the personnel management of department employees (e.g. selection of new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervision, discipline, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
- Performs a wide variety of skilled (and sometimes complex) related maintenance activities for the purpose of ensuring that issues are resolved and projects are completed in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Prepares a variety of program-mandated documents and reports for the purpose of documenting activities and complying with district and/or legal requirements.
- Operate various pieces of equipment
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a tradesman or 2 years as a foreman in underground utility industry.
- Knowledge of blueprints, specifications, Codes and Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Additional safety/DOT training opportunities available
Benefits May Include:
- Profit sharing
- Bonus opportunities