When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
If you are mechanically inclined, we are willing to train!
As part of our furniture repair team, you will be responsible for evaluating each piece of furniture to determine the best way to repair the product. In addition, you will perform a thorough quality control inspection of each piece to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate each piece of furniture to determine the type of wood and/or upholstery repairs, parts, and materials needed to complete the job
- Upholstery repairs: Remove and install upholstery panels, springs, frame repairs, leather repairs, mechanisms, minor electrical and hand sewing
- Case goods: Burn-ins, refinishing, joinery and match colors and simulate wood grains
- Continually meet the monthly standard of repairs
- Perform in-home furniture repairs as needed
- Maintain all shop tools, materials and service vans to remain in safe operating condition
- Operate repair van and travel throughout the state
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a good, reliable employee with a solid work ethic and the ability to repair products quickly and accurately. You must be highly detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well as part of a team.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical or trade school certificate preferred
- Prior furniture repair or handyman experience
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Standing/sitting for long periods of time
- Using hands and power tools
- Bending, lifting and walking frequently
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors in a warehouse or possibly in customer’s home
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required.
Homemakers is a tobacco- and drug-free workplace. EOE