R&R is proud to be the premier source for commercial real estate in Des Moines, Iowa. We currently own and manage office, retail, multifamily and warehouse facilities.
We are proud to offer our team:
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid long-term disability, AD&D and dependent life insurance
- Wellness facilities
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Rent discount
- Discount at R&R partnered daycares
- Employee Engagement Committee - The Employee Engagement Committee meets on a regular basis to determine which events and non-profit organizations the organization supports annually. Volunteer members organize golf outings, luncheons, tournaments, fund raisers and more! Employees are encouraged to volunteer to be a committee member or enjoy the camaraderie the events encourage through participation.
- Wellness Committee - The Wellness Committee is responsible for supporting wellness in the workplace. The committee members organize lunch and learns about wellness topics, schedule flu shots and health assessments. The committee puts together wellness challenges and encourages participation in walks, relays and marathons in Central Iowa. Committee members regularly schedule and host events. All employees are encouraged to attend
Job Summary: Performs groundskeeping duties under the supervision of the Assistant Operations Manager - Grounds by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs groundskeeping duties as directed by management. Duties include but are not limited to chemical application (fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide), trimming, planting, mulching, rocking, weeding, and general grounds keeping activities.
- Supervise all contracted service vendors and purchasing relationships to provide maximum benefit to the properties and ownership. Develop and put into use, with the Assistant Operations Manager - Grounds effective consultation relationships (Iowa State, Turf Grass Institute, etc.) to develop best practices for the company.
- Responsibly meet all chemical use and storage requirements, including maintenance of MSDS documentation and safety procedures.
- Shovel snow from walks and driveways. Spreads salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup. Snow removal supervision and quality of work inspection. Achieving a 7:30a.m. deadline for all snow removal.
- Performs maintenance and security of all pond features. Maintain all ponds as assigned.
- Drive to assigned properties and various locations as directed by Management.
- Provide weekend and after-hour building coverage, on an on-call basis, as assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions
- Coordinates projects, completes projects on time and budget
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Must have diploma or general education degree; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination 1 year of experience directly working with customers.
- Must have a valid Iowa Driver's license and personal auto liability insurance.
- Must be willing to provide weekend and after-hour building coverage, on an on-call basis as assigned.
- The right candidate will have good mechanical skills and work well independently.