Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities is currently seeking an internal auditor for the home office in West Des Moines, Iowa. The internal auditor is responsible for designing, planning and executing compliance audits to satisfy the requirements of the compliance program for Lifespace. Audits may consist of validation audits on claims, accurate coding of health care services rendered, provision of services specific to contractual requirements, and compliance with Lifespace policies and procedures and risk treatments. They will will provide ongoing monitoring of results and/or corrective action plans related to audit results. Knowledge of senior living or health care, Medicare, Medicaid, third party regulations, etc. will be required for this position.
A few other details about the role:
- Assist the Compliance, Audit and Privacy Officer as he/she may direct in the implementation of the annual compliance audit plan.
- Perform additional compliance audits as requested by the Compliance, Audit and Privacy Officer to ensure adherence to all internal policies and procedures and operational requirements as well as state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Design and prepare audit reports and maintain an efficient compliance database to assist in the identification and monitoring of compliance issues.
- Assist in the review of various training and education programs relative to policies and procedures and regulatory matters to ensure that all regulatory and procedural elements are adequately addressed in the training materials and that training is appropriately documented.
- Maintain knowledge on all required regulations and policies and procedures of the organization.
- Manage and track all emerging standards and best practices and make recommendations to leadership and management for updating policies and procedures as part of an audit plan.
- Initiate opening and closing of various audit meetings and perform all audits according to compliance plan within required timeframe.
- Design and document all audit plans and prepare all reports according to established procedures and monitor all corrective actions according to industry and organizational standards and as required by the Compliance, Audit and Privacy Officer.
- Analyze all audit results and implement all necessary actions to resolve all compliance issues and interpret, or assist in the interpretation of complex regulations to ensure adherence to same in organization.
- Assist in the design and implementation of all compliance procedures of the organization and monitor all compliance procedures; escalating discrepancies to management at the direction of the Compliance, Audit and Privacy Officer.
- Provide training or assist in the provision of training to team members as applicable to correct any audit findings that need to be addressed.
- Exhibits positivity and serves as a leader and team member who supports and carries out the spirit of the Living Lifespace service culture in every interaction both internally and externally.
- Promotes a culture of open, clear communication along with demonstrating the Living Lifespace service culture program.
- Performs and/or assist with special projects as needed.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- Bachelor's Degree required in business, accounting or a health-related field
- Master’s Degree (completed or in progress) in business, accounting or health-related field preferred
- Five or more years’ experience in compliance-related matters, with keen auditing skills
- Proficient and experienced with a strong working knowledge and interpretation of health care regulations and/or industry guidance of clinical, finance, reimbursement, coding, etc., matters related to compliance
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical documentation in patient medical record
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or equivalent certification is highly recommended
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's 11th largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL