Responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment such as loaders, hydraulic excavators, tractors, Bobcat, skidsters, scrapers or motor graders to excavate, move and grade earthwork erect structural and reinforcing steel and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials, setting equipment, installing underground piping hoisting materials and performing demolition of structures
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates heavy equipment (backhoes, bulldozers, skid steer loaders, trenchers, etc) used in building construction, landscape construction, and utility maintenance projects.
- Observes and examines colored flags and ground markings indicating the location of underground utilities and structures
- Excavates to dimensions as specified by construction drawings, sketches, grade markers, and/or verbal instructions
- Performs backfilling and grading operations to specified grade
- Loads flatbed truck, dump truck, or pickup truck with excavated soils or building materials such as stone, sand, aggregate, or asphalt.
- Drives truck and tow trailer to transport heave equipment to site
- Performs preventative maintenance such as general equipment cleaning, checking fluid levels, lubrication, maintaining tire pressures, and changing implements or attachments.
- Additional Duties as assigned
- 1+ years’ construction industry experience Required
- 1+ years of experience driving heavy equipment including an excavator and backhoe Required.
- CDL license Required
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Able to provide quality work and think logically
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently and cost effectively
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to regularly and reliably attend work, accord to the schedule established at Management discretion
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls
- Compliance with all OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.