KELTEK – Protecting those who protect us.
WHO WE ARE:
KELTEK is a small company who believes that work shouldn’t just be work. Our belief is that even though we work hard, we also play hard. For an exceptional culture, you need exceptional people. We work hard to create and grow a special culture made up of a team of outstanding people.
We believe in the team approach; each member is equally important and brings something to the company. Title, rank and length of employment aren’t key. Attitude, work ethic and intelligence are the attributes we value and it shows through our team.
We believe in living the KELTEK "DREAM":
Do the Right Thing
Relationships – Dedicated
Expert - Committed
Attitude - Passionate and Positive
Merit Over Entitlement
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Installation Technician - L1
Do you love to work with your hands? Do you believe delivering the highest quality is the key to any one or company success? Do you thrive in a fast pace, team environment where time management is essential? Do you love seeing the results of your hard work every day? Are you the team member that everyone can rely on to get the job done?
At KELTEK, you’ll be a key member of our vehicle installation department, ensuring that what the customer envisions is delivered to the highest quality. You will be an integral part of our team. As you embark upon your journey here at KELTEK, we will place you on a development path with clear expectations for your advancement in product knowledge and installation capability. This will include working on new vehicles, upgrading existing vehicles and servicing vehicles in the field. Frequent customer contact is an integral part of the job. A year from now, you will look back and see that you were a key hero in the success of KELTEK and an integral member of the installation team. You will be the backbone of your team helping to protect those who protect us.
The Installation Technician – L1’s role is a critical part of our success and reputation at KELTEK. Wiring electrical lights, mounting communication devices, adding push bumpers, partitions, and compartments will be just a few of the different things our L1 Techs focus on. Under the direct supervision of a skilled Installation Lead Engineer, you will ensure that the basics of every vehicle are set up and calibrated correctly to manufacturer specifications.
Success Factor Snapshot
• Within 30 Days -
o Understand KELTEK structure, with the ability to identify the “go-to” person in each department
o Know our top 10 vendors and KELTEK’s preferences for products
o Establish a high-level understanding of how a new vehicle is built and be able to verbally explain the process from start to finish
o Demonstrate basic wiring, mounting, and programming capabilities within your role.
• Within 90 Days -
o Graduate Tier 1 - (through internal testing) for the three (3) top vehicles (Interceptor SUV, Chevy Tahoe and Dodge Charger) showing the ability to complete the activities, through physical installation, along with an ability to explain the process, both verbally and in writing
o Be able to complete all assigned work from Lead Installer Technician in given time frames.
• Within 180 Days -
o Demonstrate the ability to act as the “EXPERT” for the installation process, being able to act as an ambassador for the shop both internally and externally.
o Demonstrate a high level of commitment to perfecting your craft, and accelerating timelines while maintaining the highest quality.
KELTEK is pleased to provide the following benefits to our employees:
• Company Sponsored Medical & Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance Policy Provided by Company
• HAS Medical Savings Account
• Basic Long-Term Disability Policy Provided by Company
• Voluntary Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 7 Paid Holidays
• Unlimited PTO Policy
• Life Insurance (Options up to a maximum of $500,000)
• Optional Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
• 401K Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Culture – Fun, rewarding and a bit crazy
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager / Director of Services Operations
• Minimum requirement of a workday is 7:00am to 5:00pm with up to an hour allowed for breaks/lunch.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted
• Ability to lift 100lbs assisted.
• Ability to bend, twist and work inside small spaces related to vehicle work and electrical wiring or troubleshooting.
• Ability to use hand tools and electrical tools related to work.
• Travel within the Midwest is required – up to 25% per year
• Be part of an after hours “On Call Team” rotating schedule and occasionally be available for after hours and weekend work as needed for pre-planned projects and priority service work.