Iowa Public Transit Association
Position Posting - Executive Director
The mission of the Iowa Public Transit Association (IPTA) is to unify, advocate, and advance the interests of Iowa transit systems to influence and gain support from government agencies, legislators, and other entities.
It also is our mission to support the professional development and improvement of members and their systems by providing industry information, training, technical assistance and other opportunities for networking, collaboration, and sharing of ideas and best practices.
Under general supervision by the IPTA Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the overall operation of the Association, including, but not limited to;
- Managing the daily operations of the Association
- Planning, coordinating and negotiating all meetings and IPTA conferences
- Overseeing budgets and contracts including Iowa DOT RTAP fellowships
- Strategic vision and leadership for the organization
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with legislative staff, stakeholders, vendors, and Association members and assisting IPTA Board of Directors in carrying out its governance and fiduciary responsibilities.
Education & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business public administration, transportation, other related field, or any combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience, preferably within the transit industry.
- Past success in working with a Board of Directors
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Strong communication skills
- Mission-driven, self-directed, and passionate about transit
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- This position has been posted by DART, on behalf of IPTA.
- This is a contract position which will require schedule flexibility based on the needs of the business. Total compensation is anticipated not to exceed $50,000 annually and will depend on experience.
- The IPTA Board of Directors would like to have the positions filled by June 30, 2016, however, it will remain posted until filled.