At Murphy Tower Service our mission is to be the leading provider of wireless construction and maintenance services in Iowa, while our certified climbers and other skilled employees provide quality, unbeatable service. We are family owned and operated. By putting our name on our business, our personal and professional reputations are on the line. We manage our employees and our projects with diligence and respect.
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints within a communications location as defined by the client’s scope of work or engineering specifications. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position with supervisory responsibilities to a network apprentice if applicable. Tower climbing is not a routine task for this position.
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with various teams to complete projects.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
- Education/Certification: Valid Iowa Class A Journey Electricians License and valid Iowa driver’s license
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems Ability to use hand and power tools
- Five years’ experience in electrical field
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses