Converse Conditioned Air is a growing mechanical/HVAC contractor located in Ames, IA. Our mission is to provide quality heating, cooling, ventilation and indoor air quality services to Central Iowa. We employ the best trade persons in the industry and continue to provide them with additional educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge.
We are currently seeking a Journeyman Service Technician to join our team! This person will be asked to work 7:30 - 4:00, M-F, some overtime, weekends and stand by on call for 24-hour service. They will report to the Service Manager.
We are currently offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for this position!
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- WebMD Subscription
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle w/Gas Paid
- Company Attire
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Experience in the HVAC Industry
- Valid Iowa Drivers
- Willingness to invest in tools used in the Service of HVAC Equipment
- Willingness to invest time in training seminars and classes
Primary Job Function:
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing commercial and residential HVAC equipment failures and customer home comfort issues.
- Selects the appropriate diagnostic and repair charges from the flat rate book per company policy.
- Maintains required levels of truck stock items.
- Advises Service Manager or Service Dispatcher at such time as the assigned project begins to fall behind average repair times.
- Works with Service Manager, General Manager and Service Dispatcher on ideas for reducing the cost of service department.
- Reports to first call from home ready to work at the designated start
- Reports directly to first call of the day.
- Properly diagnosis and repair HVAC equipment.
- Explains services and policies prior to diagnostic and repair.
- Charge and collect for all work performed, per company policy and procedures.
- Complete paper work daily, recording all hours and materials used on each job before leaving that site. Turns in all completed paperwork and related forms with revenue to Service Manager or Service Dispatcher daily or as directed.
- Complete quality work on or below budgeted labor hours, per flat rate book.
- Make sure that customers are satisfied with services rendered before leaving site.
- Assist installation or fabrication department, with installs or fabrication as directed by the Service Manager or Service Dispatcher.
- Keep entire work area neat and organized and free of scrap and debris, foot or fingerprints.
- Contact the office after each service call to be dispatched to the next call.
- Provide customers with information on company's maintenance contracts.
- Provide customers with information on new equipment, when repairs are above $275.00 or on all equipment over 10 years of age. Recommend new equipment as a viable option to expensive Forward information to Service Manager for communication to sales.
- Beginning to layout and install low voltage wiring
- Beginning to layout and install refrigerant piping
- Layout and install low voltage wiring
- Layout and install refrigerant piping
- Other duties as assigned