Job Type: Full-Time. Overtime available.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Entry Level
MLS Landscape and Design, Inc. is a family owned and operated landscape construction business in Granville, IA. We take pride in providing quality products and workmanship to our customers with a positive and safe environment for our employees. We work to build strong relationships with all of our employees. We are a growing company and opportunities for promotion are available in the next 3 years. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that are willing to learn. We provide the following services to our customers: Erosion Control, Retaining Walls, Brick Patios, Irrigation, Concrete, Grading, Fertilizing, Seeding, Sodding, Trees, Planting Beds, and Ponds.
Employees must have the ability to perform manual labor, up to 80 lbs. at times and 40 lbs. regularly. Must be able to adapt to a variety of different labor assignments and weather. Tasks include digging, planting, weeding, erosion control installation, spreading topsoil, rock, mulch and other materials, applying seed, straw and sod, assist with concrete forming and pouring, and hardscape construction. Some jobs may be located up to 250 miles away which may require overnight stays Monday - Friday. Knowledge of bobcats, tractors, and dump trucks is desirable. Work is seasonal: approximately March - December, 40-50 hours per week. Seasonal unemployment is available during the winter months. Employee only needs to call in weekly to receive the benefit and work search is waived.
* A monthly $275.00 performance bonus
* PTO time after 3 months
* Paid holidays after 3 months
* Profit sharing plan
* Simple IRA plan
* Funeral/Bereavement leave
* Opportunities for career growth
* Weekly pay periods
* Per diem is given and hotel is paid for all jobs that require overnight stay
* Davis/Bacon wages may apply on some projects
Training and/or Certifications Provided:
* Erosion Control practices and certification
* Class A CDL license training and licensing
* Traffic Control and Flagger training and certification
* CPR and First Aid training
* Residential and commercial landscaping/seeding/concrete training
MLS supports National Guard members and volunteer emergency personnel.