Waypoint Services for Women, Children and Families provides child care to approximately 600 children ages 0 to 12 years old. Waypoint also provides shelter and support to women and children in crisis because of homelessness, domestic violence or sexual assault. For over 100 years, Waypoint has been meeting the changing needs of women and children in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and surrounding rural areas.
Waypoint offers a competitive starting wage, for positions over 30 hours/week benefits including: health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays; discounted child care in our onsite childcare center.
KidsPoint Downtown is seeking a Lead Teacher to join its child care team. The opening is in our Blue Room, working with children ages 2 - 3 years old. The work hours are 7:45 AM-4:45 PM, Monday – Friday.
• Staff development and training
• Supporting and training teachers on implementation and use of The Search Institutes 40 Developmental Assets
• Organizing field trips and special events
• Child and classroom behavioral support
• Maintaining positive relationships with families served
• Compliance with regulatory agencies
• Supporting Multi-Site Director with scheduling and supervising staff members
• Assisting with quality improvement initiatives
• Previous child care experience is required
• BA or AA in Early Childhood is required
• Must meet DHS requirements
• All qualified applicants must pass a mandatory state and national background check