Start a career with Seneca Companies! Our Construction Installers have a direct path for growth and have overtime offered on a regular basis along with great company benefits.
Seneca Companies, a leader in the fuel systems industry, is seeking a Licensed UST Installer for our construction division. Lead Installers are responsible for managing a team to construct and install petroleum equipment for our clients. Leads are also responsible for training new laborers and ensuring all workers follow appropriate safety procedures. This position will require frequent travel out of town with compensation to accommodate.
Sign on bonuses (up to $2,500) available for well qualified candidates!
- Responsible for planning and construction duties related to removing and installing underground and above ground petroleum storage and dispensing systems.
- Directs and assists installers and laborers.
- Planning, reviewing and developing a layout of each job assignment as directed; completes all paper work necessary for completion of each job.
- Assists Construction Manager in gathering information for estimating purposes, assists with material or equipment take off for estimating.
- Installs tanks, piping and other equipment and tests after installation. Installs and maintains bulk lubrication systems, hydraulic lifts and automotive service equipment. Coordinates and organizes subcontractors and equipment used on each job. Removes and disposes of old equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs various system failures and communicates and recommends various corrective action measures to supervisor. Investigates and repairs leaks in storage and dispensing systems.
- Operates various power tools, skid loaders, air compressors, forklift, and other related tools and equipment in performing described duties.
- Traveling to out of town job sites and work out doors.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Outlook and Word.
- High school education or GED, plus 3 to 5 years of related construction experience. Experience in a lead role preferred.
- In compliance with the State Underground Storage Tank Program, OSHA certification and completion of tank and piping manufacturers' training program is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to perform manual construction work and equipment operations (lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis)
- Ability to work out of town and overnights on a regular basis
We offer an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal days, and 401K.
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Fluid Power & Handling Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.
Post-offer physical and drug screen required for all positions. EOE