The mission of TMC is to be recognized as the standard-bearer of quality performance in flatbed transportation. We will accomplish this by searching out the very best people, training them in the fundamentals of quality and empowering them to develop innovative techniques focused on customer satisfaction. Emphasis will be placed on continuous process improvement in all measurable aspects of our business.
We are actively searching for an experience Logistics Sales Representative to join our team! This individual will report directly to the Logistics Manager and/or the VP of Brokerage. The primary function of this position is selling customer freight solutions. This individual will be responsible for a high volume of customer interactions, including prospecting, cold-calling, closing deals, and account management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate sales and marketing calls to prospective or current clients
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold-calling
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
- Previous transportation brokerage/sales experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office software; experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management or web based software programs
- Ability to execute a vision, manages multiple priorities, and achieve results
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person")
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee owned company
- Once employee becomes eligible they will own stock in TMC through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Vacation/PTO/Sick leave
- Company paid short/long term disability insurance
- Company paid basic life insurance plan
- Flex benefit plan (medical & dependent care)