The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 60 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 700 strong. We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season.
Our PCC Paving Division based in the Des Moines - Metro area in Iowa is currently seeking a Low-boy Truck Driver. This individual drives low-boy truck to deliver equipment or other construction material to plant or jobsite by performing the following duties:
- Inspects truck equipment, truck-trailer equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas diesel, oil, water, and all other fluid levels.
- Inspects chains, load binders, and tie down equipment.
- Operates construction equipment in a safe manner for loading and unloading from trailer.
- Understands and practices rules and regulations of load securement.
- Drives or backs truck into position for loading of equipment or construction material.
- Secures load.
- Checks condition of load including legal axle weight limits and loose material.
- Verifies dimensions of load and reports to dispatcher for permitting purposes.
- Assists in establishing transportation route to destination for delivery of load.
- Drives truck via approved transportation route to unloading destination.
- Unsecures load and unloads delivery from trailer.
- Completes delivery ticket, obtains signature, if required by customer, and encloses with daily time card.
- Cleans loose materials from deck of trailer.
- Reports immediately to dispatcher at end of each load for further instructions.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Cleans windows, mirrors, removes garbage, and maintains interior of truck in good condition.
- Performs preventative maintenance service and minor repairs to truck.
- Expected to operate in safe manner and abide with traffic laws, rules, and regulations of State/Federal Departments of Transportation, laws governing hazardous materials and placarding, Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations and company rules/safety directives.
- Reports to supervisor at end of each shift to leave time card, fuel receipts/usage, mileage, and other information as well as receive instruction for next days work assignments.
- Secondary functions of general laborer on the paving crew and other duties may be assigned.
This is a full-time seasonal position driving primarily around the Des Moines Metro Area. Current IDOT Physical, Class A CDL with airbrakes, combination and hazmat endorsements, and acceptable driving record required. Previous low-boy driving experience preferred.