Performs various maintenance functions on manufacturing equipment including repair, set-up, preventative maintenance and installation of manufacturing, farm and facilities equipment. Performs electrical troubleshooting and repairs. Read schematics to help diagnose and repair equipment. Will also complete light construction and plumbing projects. Must stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Perform complex work in the repair, set-up, preventative maintenance and installation of manufacturing, farm and facility equipment
- Repairs electrical and mechanical issues on manufacturing, farm and facility equipment
- Understands basic schematics to help diagnose and repair equipment
- Completes light construction / carpentry projects
- Completes light plumbing projects
- Completes light metal fabrication projects
- Performs light electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Must be able to use manuals and other resources to research and locate equipment and parts to support production needs
- Operates power and hand tools, woodworking and metal equipment, forklift, tractor, skid loader and scissor lift
- Uses all tools carefully as instructed
- Must be able to utilize the Maintenance Management software on a daily basis
- Work well with contractors to complete jobs
- Strives to reduce waste, recycle products whenever possible, and re-use resources when practical.
- Works safely at all times, follows safety rules and policies and participates in scheduled training.
- Reports injuries and near misses promptly and in required detailed format; proposes corrective action.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 4 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license.