Manager-Metals Planning and Procurement
As an individual contributor, this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of goals and objectives of metal procurement with the corporate goals and objectives, which include:
- Create and administer the short and long term metals procurement strategy for the Company, including sourcing strategies within the secondary scrap markets.
- Ensure material availability through the coordination of sound logistical practice.
- Assess and manage risk and/or exposure to metal market fluctuations.
- Negotiate and execute fixed price metal agreements with our customers and our metal sources.
- Manage purchasing, inventory and disposal of all metal materials consistent with policies and identified goals utilizing metal market information.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system for vendor approval.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred; 5 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination and experience.
- Red Metal or Base metals procurement experience for a consumer preferred.
- Experience with hedging principles.
- Strong negotiation ability; sound communicator, organizational and analytical skills with the ability to plan work. Must be able to communicate for all business/job related transactions. Req 4120
- Office environment
- Occasional time spent in the production facilities.
- Minimum of Associate Degree; or 4 years' experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
PMX Industries is the leading supplier of high quality copper and copper alloys in North America.
Since our founding, we have been committed to continually improving our safety and environmental performance through ongoing training and new technology. Safety is a top priority. PMX employees also have an active recycling program of metals, cardboard, plastic, and paper. We believe there are direct links between worker safety, quality systems, environmental performance, and economic success.
Business is conducted in accordance with company policies which are based on respect and accountability. PMX has earned a reputation for integrity and consistently meeting high standards. We support our communities and strive to be good neighbors. We know that business success begins with our employees!
We go far beyond simple compliance with federal and state regulations. We are dedicated to creating value for all that we serve.
- 401(k) plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
Must be able to pass a pre-employment screening.