The Marketing & Communications Intern will be responsible for assisting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing and public relations plans. This will be accomplished through developing, maintaining and expanding marketing channels and methodologies to the professional community, technology industry and the public at large. We are looking for a junior or senior, spring semester, 15-20 hours per week; $10-12 per hour.
- Utilize Internet marketing and Internet marketing techniques to increase traffic to social media sites and our web page, increase brand awareness and share industry updates.
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing and prospective clients along with recruitment efforts through engagement.
- Focused efforts on increasing and measuring social media growth and engagements.
- Utilize SEO and keywords to promote web page presence and high placement on web searches.
- Design flyers, graphics and other marketing material.
- Update and develop content for the website regularly.
- Creation and distribution of quarterly newsletters.
- Research new markets and the latest industry news.
- Media contact list creation and management.
- Press release creation and distribution.
- Assist with the distribution of internal communications, including but not limited to employee anniversaries, welcome letters, the employee directory, quarterly newsletter and news & events.
- Prepare employee training and sales marketing materials.
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions and tools for marketing and communications.
- Develop other marketing activities as assigned by direct supervisor and President.
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn more about a top B2B industry.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Knowledge and experience with of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.).
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications required.
- Knowledge of website content management and graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, other Adobe software) required.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g. Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations).