At Murphy Tower Service our mission is to be the leading provider of wireless construction and maintenance services in Iowa, while our certified climbers and other skilled employees provide quality, unbeatable service. We are family owned and operated. By putting our name on our business, our personal and professional reputations are on the line. We manage our employees and our projects with diligence and respect.
The Network Technician is responsible for installing and/or configuring the base station, power system, microwave, fiber equipment within a communications location as defined by the client’s scope of work or engineering specifications. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position with no supervisory responsibilities. Tower climbing may be required for this position.
- Install, program or test electronic equipment including but not limited to cellular and PCS base stations, licensed and unlicensed microwave radios, DS3 multiplexers, antennae and transmission lines.
- Review scope of work and engineering specifications, order materials and determine if assistance is needed.
- Verify that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Check all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your service truck are available.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and professional appearance of service vehicle.
- Perform inspection of service vehicle and all assigned tools prior to leaving the shop.
- Perform a daily Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and provide a daily tailgate meeting for crew (if one) to address tasks and safety issues.
- Perform the job according to specifications and report field deviations to the project manager and/or the customer.
- Maintain cleanliness of cell site.
- Take pictures of final work and upload all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower server.
- Prepare reports for customers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the cellular communications industry as a cell tech or verifiable equivalent.
- Experience with Anritsu Sitemaster and Kaelus PIM gear
- Ethernet knowledge
- Current driver’s license and good driving record
- Proficiency with Windows and software installation.
- Knowledge of AC and DC power.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses