Seneca Companies, a leader in the fuel systems industry, is seeking an Outside Sales Representative. This position requires you to sell our construction services for Underground Store Tank (UST) installation, as well as maintenance services for new and existing gas stations and petroleum equipment. As an Outside Sales Representative, you’ll be joining a well-established organization that values hard work, innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prospect and develop new markets for our products and services.
- Generate quotes for construction and maintenance services.
- Adhere to set pricing structure and monitors gross profit margins; develops accurate sales quotes on equipment and systems recommended and ensures proper follow-thru.
- Analyzes customer operations and makes recommendations on appropriate equipment and systems. Completes call reports on sales calls made to customers.
- Confers with and maintains dealer relations; consults with vendors and performs research in order to quote the best products and prices to the customers. Attends vendor-training sessions to maintain knowledge of new products and developments in the industry. Attend trade shows.
- Create and maintain relationships with management with clear, open communication and follow through on expectations.
- Participates in and/or conducts sales presentations and/or pre-construction meetings. Maintains communications with various shop and/or sales personnel regarding equipment and systems sold. Completes and maintains expense reports.
- Adheres to all safety policies and practices, including but not limited to personal protective gear.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent proven sales skills, including prospecting, developing and servicing accounts. Minimum 1-2 years business-to-business sales experience. Construction sales and quoting experience strongly preferred.
- Quality negotiation skills and ability to make effective sales presentations
- Good computer skills with strong ability to navigate MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Overnight travel is frequently required.
Seneca Companies offers competitive wages including base salary plus commissions, generous auto allowance with paid fuel and excellent benefits including 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, and personal days.
Post offer background check and drug screen required for all positions. EOE