We are in the process of hiring Equipment operators for the 2014 season that are familiar with Pavement Markings. The selected candidates will be involved in the operation and maintenance of a highway pavement markings truck. Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and pavement markings.
• Comprehend Specifications, especially pavement markings.
• Report any problems to your supervisor.
• Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
• Follow directions of Supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Supervisor.
• Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Perform general labor duties when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass pre-employment drug screen.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Willing to travel and work away from home a majority of the season.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas
• Simple IRA