As an accredited Professional Employer Organization (PEO), Aureon HR provides services that ease the employment burden for small to medium-sized businesses and senior living organizations. The Payroll Specialist supports client services by performing payroll, administrative HR and works directly with clients and work site employees on a daily basis providing prompt service and timely follow-up.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops courteous and professional relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Efficiently processes and accurately inputs employee information such as personal data, compensation, vacation/ sick/ PTO accrual and usage, benefit enrollments and changes, and separation information.
- Recognizes situations requiring the Payroll Manager or HR Business Partner involvement and brings them to their attention in a timely manner.
- Records client and employee communications and other client-related issues as applicable in CRM.
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager, Sales team, and Client Transition Manager to ensure that new clients are transitioned smoothly and efficiently.
- Responds to employment verification and provides information to authorized persons as requested.
- Assists HR Business Partner in ensuring that Aureon Resources and our clients are operating in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Assists with the renewal of benefits and open enrollment process.
- Produces reports for clients, as needed.
- Maintains client and employee confidentiality at all times. Releases employee or client information only to authorized persons, with authorized employee signature, or in compliance with a legitimate court order.
- Verifies employee information in time submission to process payroll.
- Reviews the payroll to balance earnings and deductions to previous payroll, corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Verifies client invoices.
- Processes interim payroll runs as needed.
- Manage customer inquiries and responds according to Aureon’s Service Standards.
- Attends APA/Audio Seminars and training sessions as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of related, demonstrated experience in human resources, payroll, or a related field.
- Associate’s Degree in human resources, business management, accounting, or a related field.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, employees, superiors and business contacts in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice
- Strong trouble resolution and problem solving skills
- CPP or FPC Desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer applications Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of HRIS and CRM
- Familiar use with Excel and related reporting
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily indoor work primarily in office environment
- Frequent utilization of manual dexterity and visualizing of computer screen
- Occasional bending, carrying, squatting, twisting and lifting up to 15 pounds independently
- Limited travel by vehicle