The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 60 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 700 strong. We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season.
We have an immediate opening in our Des Moines - Metro Ready Mix Division for a Plant Maintenance Person. This job will entail working with a crew of employees to build, repair, and maintain our ready mix facilities in the Des Moines - Metro area.
- Welding and fabrication skills are required, along with the ability to perform such tasks at heights.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic systems is helpful.
- An understanding of material handling systems, such as conveyor belts, a plus.
- Qualified applicants must be a motivated self-starter striving to complete assignments as efficiently as possible.
- Strong communication skills required in order to be productive team member.
- Although ability is critical, the attitude and willingness to work as a team and be motivated to learn are bigger considerations.
- Class B CDL preferred, but willing to help obtain after hire.
- This is a year round position to be performed outside in inclement weather, based out of Johnston, Iowa.
- Wages based on experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD & D Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation (Year round employees)
- Paid Holidays
For a complete benefits listing or to learn more about Manatts, Inc., visit .