Since 1959, Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric & Fireplaces Inc. has been serving the Cedar Falls, IA area with quality home improvement solutions that only a company like ours could provide. Though we originally began before 1959 as a hardware company, we've found our groove in plumbing and HVAC. We have added fireplace and electrical services in the past few years. Our success is due to both our service and the quality of our knowledgeable team.
We are currently searching for an experienced Plumber to join our great staff!
The Plumbing Technician position is responsible for safely and efficiently performing high quality field service and construction work for the Company's customers.
- Servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and installing water heaters, tubs, toilets, sinks, faucets, showers, various valves, pipes, drains, water softeners, etc.
- Help maintain and promote a high company moral, professional, and friendly work environment
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, subordinates, supervisors, and customers
- Ability to be flexible and move from small jobbing repairs to light plumbing or even join co-workers and assist on large scale installation work scopes.
- Complete all paperwork required by management and record hours and all materials used
- Contact the supervisor following the completion of each job, providing requested information regarding the work completed
- Read and understand blueprints and mechanical plans in order to effectively execute the installation of the plumbing apparatus for a complete job
- Operate, maintain and inspect tools of the plumbing trade
- Possess Dalton Core Values which are outlined below
- Does not cut corners or take shortcuts; completes the job right the first time
- Consistently makes a little extra time to be friendly, get to know our customers and make every customer feel
- Provides quality service that creates customer satisfaction, referrals and long-term customer relationships
- Sticks with difficult problems and keeps at them until they are solved
- Acts with humility; placing the importance of the team above their own individual achievement
- Displays loyalty and dedication to the Company; treats company assets, tools and equipment as if it was their own
- Consistently does the right thing, regardless of the situation or external pressures
- Honors commitments and communicates with honesty to build trust with our customers and within our team
- Treats others with respect and creates an environment where others can be successful
- Works cooperatively as one team, communicates well and maintains good relations with co-workers, supervisors
- Speaks opinions and offers ideas respectfully; accepts and acknowledges suggestions and feedback from others
- Takes the initiative to help other employees in any area of the Company when help is needed, without waiting
being asked by the Controller, Operations Manager or Owner
- Demonstrates personal accountability to co-workers and in fulfilling their role on the team
- Proposes valuable ideas for continuous improvement. Tries new and better ways of doing things.
- Adapts well to change or new situations, including job positions/ tasks, co-workers and technology
- Makes continuing education and career development a priority. Shows a strong desire to learn new things and
improve their professional skill set
- Consistently performs their work with independence; requires little or no supervision
- Goal oriented and productive; takes pride in their work and holds themselves to a very high standard of
Educational and experience requirements include:
- Completed Level 1 & 2 of Plumbing Apprentice program (or be willing to attend) or relevant experience in a Plumbing Technician role.
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job.
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, equipment, methods and tools of the Plumbing trade, including achievement of operational skills.
- Proven ability to correctly diagnose and correct problems with structures, products or equipment.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments in a timely matter.
- Proven ability to efficiently complete assignments and consistently meet work schedules.
- Advanced knowledge of their trade, local commercial/residential building codes and safety procedures.
- Basic math and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain organization of work areas and Company vehicles (if assigned).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with safe driving record, pass background check and drug screen.
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty
- Worker’s Compensation
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay for Attending Company Meetings
- Company vehicle (depending on position)
- Uniform service cost share
Click Apply above to begin the process.