Responsible for meeting production requirements in an efficient manner, producing high-quality packaged herbs, spices, oils, and blends in a safe and sanitary work environment.Manages manufacturing processes through effective planning and utilization of equipment and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolves equipment problems and researches, evaluates and makes recommendations on purchasing or implementing new equipment, processes or layouts to improve production efficiencies.
- Develops long term departmental goals and strategies in coordination with other department personnel through the company's strategic planning process.
- Helps develop departmental budget for all production shifts for fiscal year.
- Coordinates activities with purchasing, receiving/warehousing, production planning, and quality control departments to ensure timely flow of product throughout manufacturing departments.
- Serves as liaison between production and other departments in anticipating and resolving various quality, supply, and process issues as they arise.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify potential cost saving measures in such areas as labor, product loss, packaging loss, and consumables.
- Serves as member of special project teams.
- Reviews and verifies labor distribution reports for accuracy.
- Ensures department compliance with company safety practices, sanitation practices, housekeeping, and good manufacturing procedures.
- Develops and maintains a working climate conducive to high level of employee morale and motivation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in engineering, management, industrial technology or related field, from four-year college or university; and 2 to 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.